Hi all, the FuturePhy project is in a phase of idea generation and community feedback now- please let us know what you think are key issues that the program should discuss. Below is the announcement and some ways to participate, including having conversations right here on PhyloBabble.
Announcement: FuturePhy Conferences and Workshops on Phylogenetics
FuturePhy is an NSF-sponsored, three-year program of conferences,
workshops and hackathons on the Tree of Life. The project aims to
promote novel, integrative data analyses and visualization,
interdisciplinary syntheses of phylogenetic sciences, and cross-cutting
uses of phylogenetics to develop and address new research questions and
applications. The first phase of this mission is critical: to bring together a
broad community of people from diverse backgrounds who are active in
phylogenetics research, who use the tree of life in research or
education, who will benefit in applied or practical ways from a
comprehensive tree of life, or who come from a background that offers
new perspectives on defining, addressing or transcending key challenges
in phylogenetics. Help
accelerate progress in all aspects of phylogenetics research by joining
FuturePhy today. Diverse opportunities will be available to attend
FuturePhy sessions in person or virtually, and to link FuturePhy to
existing projects and initiatives.
We invite you to participate in the project in several ways:
- Register on http://futurephy.org
Scientists from all aspects of the phylogenetic sciences, educators,
members of the tree-using community, and others interested in
phylogenetics are welcome.
- Contribute to the discussion forum on http://futurephy.org This is the best way to log your interest and contribute ideas.
- See our main themes, comment on them and take the survey to rank them: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8CWXMRF
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas or comments
- Tweet to the FuturePhy community: @FuturePhy
- Comment in the FuturePhy thread on http://phylobabble.org